PostSecret

I used to go to church every Sunday, but a habit that I have not lost is reading PostSecret every Sunday.
According to the website,
PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. PostSecret, 13345 Copper Ridge Road, Germantown, MD 20874
There are so many things about it that I enjoy - the artwork, the craftiness, the different emotions each secret evokes, the passiveness of reading someone else's secret and never sending in my own, the activeness of trying to decipher secrets in code or in another language, and the feeling that I'm not alone, so many people do this every Sunday and in one way or another, we all feel connected through the secrets we read.

I really like this postcard from this Sunday's post:

I know people who would prefer to have heterosexual children, for all kinds of reasons. But I very much agree with the sender of this postcard. Life might be harder for a homosexual child in a less than accepting society, but that way at least I know they would have to make friends with people who would love and support them, and that ain't so bad.

And props to the rainbow :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic Check!

Systemic Violence

Collective Solidarity vs. Individual Comfort