Motion City Soundtrack

My roommate Alexia and I often burst into song, particular older songs from our past, anything from Ciara, Kelly Clarkson, to JoJo. A few nights ago, we started singing songs from Motion City Soundtrack, particularly songs from their album Even If It Kills Me.



So many songs from this album are great, with catchy melodies and poignant lyrics. It reminded me of middle school, when I loved this album and its rockin' lyrics. I know I haven't blogged in a while, and I promise many posts are coming soon, but before I forget I wanted to remember this trip down memory lane.

One of the songs that I like is Antonia. The song basically describes the many little details and quirks about this girl, and how much she means to the singer. It's a simple and beautiful song. It makes me wonder when I heard the last song sung by a female describing all the little quirks about a male/lover of any gender in general and saying how much he/whoever means to her. Obviously there's a lot of music from males that are simply wrong and offensive, but music from females also have certain characteristics to them.

Anyway, here's the last verse of Antonia, listen to it, it's so beautiful.
She loves the smell of Christmas trees
She sneezes when she sees bright lights
She fainted on the kitchen floor
When her father passed away
Our baby girl is due this May
And when the little lady grows up
I hope that she will be just like her mother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic Check!

Systemic Violence

Collective Solidarity vs. Individual Comfort