Festival International at Lafayette, LA

I bought my greyhound tickets today to visit Lafayette, Louisiana, next Thursday. I will be attending the annual Festival International de Louisiane.

Here's a short paragraph from the website on what the festival is about:
Festival International de Louisiane is a community-based, non-profit arts organization formed in 1986 to produce an annual visual and performing arts festival celebrating the French cultural heritage of southern Louisiana - primarily a combination of French, African, Caribbean and Hispanic influences. The largest outdoor, FREE Francophone event in the U.S., the Festival places special emphasis on highlighting the connections between Acadiana and the Francophone world. Each year performing, and visual artists from Europe, Africa, Canada, the Caribbean and the Americas are invited to share their talents with Louisiana artists, residents and visitors.
I'm excited because there will be great weather, interesting music that I don't normally listen to, food, arts & crafts, and most of all, a jump start to my summer vacation, all in the 4th largest incorporated-city in the state of Louisiana. Of course, I would not be partying it up without the lovely Lincoln Duhon, a native Lafayette-chic. What is the word for people from Lafayette? I don't know. 

Check out the website for the festival here

I hope I take some amazing pictures to share with y'all. Can't wait.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic Check!

Systemic Violence

Collective Solidarity vs. Individual Comfort